I've had this snorkel for several years now and usually use it in a chlorine pool. There's something disgusting happening to the part close to where I put my mouth. I'm not sure how to clean it. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what cleaning agent to use. Since it's going in my mouth it needs to be alright to swallow a little, but if chlorine water hasn't killed it already it needs to be stronger.
The valve at the bottom doesn't open from that side, it's for ejecting water (by blowing out) that fell in the top of the snorkel.