Does anybody know the best way way to clean leather shoes without spoiling them?
I use a pumpkin based soap which is very effective with my leather shoes, I usually wax them after the washing procedure. The soap looks kinda like this:
I believe this soap is from a Mexican brand, but I'm sure you will be able to find something similar if not the same. I doubt it'll be hard to find.
- Add a couple of drops of water on the paste, so it can become soapy
- You can use an old toothbrush, and gently get some of the paste on it and start brushing your shoe(it's better if you've dusted off the shoe)
- Once the shoe has been brushed, with a dry and clean cloth remove the excess of liquid and soap
- Once it's dry your shoe is ready for waxing.
- Dispose of any excess water on the paste and let it air-dry before closing it.