I have a very handy tool for cleaning Champagne flutes -- the long, slender glasses where it's very hard to reach the bottom of the glass. I think it's made by "Final Touch" but I suspect more than one company makes something similar.

Is there a similar tool adapted to wine glasses and water goblets? It's easier to reach inside those glasses, of course, but the tool still does a better job than, say, a sponge or a wet towel. It's hard to explain but the fabric of the device (it's some kind of terrycloth-like material) really gets anything off the surface of the crystal. I could use the flute tool, but I would prefer a tool that more closely matches the shape of the wine glass.

1 Answer 1


Try a web search for a generic "soft tip [bottle/glass] cleaning brush" to see the variety available. The "soft tip" seems to be the feature you're looking for. The brushes come in a variety of shapes and with different kinds of "bumper" to cover the brush end to prevent scratching. Some use terrycloth you mention; but, most use a foam end. Some brushes come with a cloth bag for covering the plastic bristles when you put it into the container.

A second alternative that works well for glass is a micro-fibre cloth that you can use to wipe and polish your glassware after washing and drying.

I also have some high quality leather chamois "cloth" that works well and can't leave lint. You can find these at some hardware stores.

Good Luck.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.