I want to continue to use my silicone earplugs, but they're becoming increasingly disgusting and laden with little particles. Help!
If the ear plugs are solid silicone, you can use a tiny bit (a drop or two) of mild dish washing liquid with warm (not hot) water to wash them by hand.
- Wash your hands.
- Mix the cleaning solution in a clean cup.
- Soak the plugs in the liquid for a minute or five.
- Work the yuck loose with your fingers gently massaging the plugs to get into every crevice.
- Rinse with warm water thoroughly.
- Set aside to dry on a clean surface.
Some ear plugs have a small spring-loaded insert that blocks the sound canal if there is an explosive sound. The small mechanism must be removed before the silicone earpiece is washed as above.