Every night I tell myself, 'well I just stand up and do my morning routine'. My morning routine is efficient and brilliant, it contains a workout, coffee, and always plenty of time to start the day without a hurry. But I'm annoyed about the amount of time it takes from the first alarm bell till I actually manage to force myself out of bed. I tend to snooze.
- :-) it helps that my alarm clock lets me snooze for only half an hour (once every five minutes. imagine! how annoying!)
- :-) it sometimes works for me to count myself down from ten to zero, but
- :-( I trick myself, slowing down the count so much so that I fall asleep again before I get to zero and
- :-( I rarely even think of doing this.
- :-( it does not work to put the alarm clock somewhere else, forcing me to get up and walk around.
How can I reduce the time between first alarm bell and getting up?
EDIT: what has helped best is understanding that snoozing is totally habitualized and therefore, waking (and staying up) on the first beep also is. Simple, but not easy. Thank you everyone for awesome ideas!