I have a standard email to reply to all enquiries from my website, however I need everytime to edit few words, such as the name of the person, dates, codes, etc. Do you know a way of doing this fast and efficiently?(preferably for mac users)
I would put the text of the email into a simple text editing program. But rather than putting in specific names, dates, codes, etc., I would include placeholder text such as
Then, in order to send an email reply to a person, I would do the following:
- Open up the file.
- Search for [name] and replace with the person's name.
- Search for [date] and replace that with the correct date.
- Do this for each of the placeholder fields.
- At the end, to make sure I didn't miss any of the placeholders, I'd search for the string "[", since that starts every placeholder. If there was one I'd missed, I would replace it with the right text.
- Finally, I'd Select All, copy the text, paste it into the body of the reply email, and send it.
DON'T save the file after you've made changes. You need to keep them as placeholders so you can personalize it for the next website visitor!