So a couple months ago I got new shoes and they are white, they have all kinds a of stains on them, and I would like to clean them with out having to buy expensive cleaners. Does anyone know how to clean them?
- Remove any sand or dirt from the soles
- Take out any additional inlay soles (if there are any)
- Put a dab of laundry detergent right onto the stains
- Throw them into the washing machine (no additional detergents in the chamber or you risk excessive foaming)
- Start a short low temperature program.
I have knit shoes, too, and washed them 3 times already. They can take quite a long time to dry completely (2 days in moderate weather with sunshine). You should not toss them into the dryer but let them air dry.
Once they are completely dry, add waterproofing spray to keep them clean just a little longer (they will stain again eventually...).
The only problem I have is that the soles of my shoes are made of a white rubber-like substance with print on them. The washing rubs off the print faster than the "normal" use of the shoes would have.