Comment converted to answer by request:
The traditional knowledge about microwaves heating from the inside out is and always was a marketing gag. Using radio waves to heat water (nearly all food contains water) necessarily causes the radio waves to be absorbed by the first water that they encounter. The "skin depth", as it's called, for 2.4GHz in water (yes, 2.4GHz, look at the sticker and compare to your WiFi router) is somewhere between 1/16 inch and 1/8 inch, depending on how much energy you think is still useful. Beyond that is purely conduction from shell to center.
How to deal with that, I'm not entirely sure because it's usually not that much of a problem for me. I tend to overnuke stuff in a still-sealed plastic bag to try and avoid the "moonrock" effect of evaporating the water away (doesn't always work), and then I forget about it while it sits in the microwave for a while. By the time I get around to checking it, it's either thawed naturally or evened out by conduction so that it's now edible.
apaul34208's suggestion to unroll it would probably work. Unless it's frozen. And you'd have to roll it back up again if you want to eat it that way, which is probably not going to have the same wrapping quality as it did originally. (I'll let you decide if that's good or bad.)