I have an oily skin and recently I found an increase of a acne. I have tried various things. Peppermint facewash, mild soap, sandlewood. But so far, the only thing that came close to a solution is a facewash with Tea Tree oil. Are there any other remedies you have tried with success?
Besides consulting a dermatologist, the following have a good chance to work.
- reduce the fat and cholesterol intake from food; at least as an experiment (1-2 weeks should show results, if any), try to go on a vegetables- and fruits-only diet;
- reduce the intake of sugars; this included any juices with added sugar, which include pretty much everything you can buy from a shop;
- increase the skin hygiene; besides washing, try using cleansing masks; consult a dermatologist or a cosmetician;
- increase the room / apartment hygiene; vacuum dust, wash surfaces / rugs / blankets with disinfectants, boil bed sheets, clothes...;
- change clothes (and wash them, possibly boil them in between uses) more often, pajamas and underwear included;
Acne that breaks out in a specific area is generally a reaction to something like a food additive or a chemical in your laundry soap perhaps. However that said, my son had breakouts all over his body that were a deep red surrounding the acne. We could not find the trigger. What worked for him is "bovine collagen ". We found the powder form at the bulk barn. 1 spoon mixed in a glass of cocoa before bed every night and in a week, the acne was cleared. Health stores carry the pill form btw. And this doesn't eliminate the need for proper hygiene though.