How to reduce intensity of air flow from my window AC unit in Asia during a curfew / in condo lockdown?
I emphasize again:
- Currently in Asia (so do not think US style)
- Currently in Curfew/ Lockdown
I’ve decreased the blower / fan setting to the lowest and it still is too much. No matter lowest setting & directing the movable vents up/ down, left right the intensity of air flow in the room is too much (can feel direct air at other end of room opposite to AC)
I prefer the cooling functionality, but this blower is too much.
For now I can apply a temporary outer hack, but please feel free to share & add possible inner hack. A dual pronged approach answer would be best.
I won’t be able to remove the plastic a/c cover panel right now but in few weeks when maintenance guys come maybe something could be inserted in front of main blower vents, in between unit and its front panel (once I test & see how the temporary reductions intensity works out & has to be fine tuned).
I’m wondering what different ways & ideas this could be done.
- Put some kind of fabric / cloth / sheet / towel / pillow / paper / something solid like cardboard?
- Each being different in air flow directional/ redirecting, air flow diffusing properties once applied
- Different ways it could be adhered there / kept up / tied?
- Would prefer to avoid sticky stuff or nails
But I do have right away as shown in pics:
- Masking tape & Velcro cable ties (bottom Left)
- Curtain rod (top right)
- Lighting shelf (top left)
- Main blower vents
Sharing picture of A/C unit, blower & surroundings: