A better heat & fire resistant suspension hack than the looped elastic fabric I have used here?
- Currently in Lockdown in a condo in Asia where corona has surpassed Wuhan
- Stepping out is not an option, unless a medical emergency and I’m stayed with older relatives
- Food & medicine deliveries are also planned & scheduled and coordinated with building security
So before you fly in with just go to Home Depot or Hardware store or blah blah, this really needs within home hack ideas.
Hack pic: (Coming)
Updated: Pencil anchoring strap between wall & fixture solidly screwed into wall. Gooseneck folded down when not in use to avoid wrecking ball pendulum if suction ever pops.
The goose necked shaving & magnification mirror uses suction cup and to stick but once in a while can let go and to prevent breaking it I’m using a suspension backup that’s been looped from between the wall and the electrical tube batten fixture.
Manipulating or removing fixture is not an option and adding any nails or screws or hardware into walls is also not.
It doesn’t have to load bearing whole time as suction cup is there. It’s just a fall back for when it pops.
I used the elastic waistband of an old boxer short that had gone past its life. I’m a bit concerned by it heating on account of light being left on top long.
Not in favour of electrical or insulated wiring which are electoral and thermally risks.
So what I’m looking for is:
Some home hacked fabric that might have the following or better heat & fire resistant properties:
ideally heat fire resistant and or retardant
- non electrical conductive
- better if water non absorptive or less (artificial fabrics like polyester being more water repelling)
So ideas on what I can hack or pull fabric from, out of plethora of stuff one may find at home.
Ps: And or other ideas that fulfill above or if lucky we can get e-commerce stores to deliver.