Some kids sneakers have built-in LED lights which light up when you walk on them.
For various reasons, a person would like to permanently disable the lights.
Is there a safe way to do so?
Asking around, a few people mentioned microwaving the shoes for a few seconds.
But this seems dangerous, especially since there's a battery inside the shoe which causes it to light up. Has anyone tried microwaving it? Is it indeed safe? Did it stop the shoe from lighting up?
The goal is to get the shoe to stop lighting up, without damaging the shoe itself.
There are some people here suggesting the microwave option, and also soaking the shoes in water etc. But these all seem like theoretical options, which may damage the shoes themselves. If anyone has actually tried out any of these options, and can confirm that they work without damaging the shoes, that would be very helpful as well.