I have 5 things I need to carry when I head out for all but the most basic errands:
- keys to my car, office, and mailbox
- folding sunglasses (I wish I could lose these but bright sunlight hurts my eyes)
- card holder/ wallet- I just need a few IDs and a couple of cards (my office needs card access. I used to leave my wallet in my car and just carry it with me when I needed it but I have locked myself out of my office a few times as a result)
- phone (needed for music and GPS- I have a horrible sense of direction)
- airpods (the smallest set of headphones I could find- I used to be able to wrap my wired headphones around the phone until Apple decided to inflict some courage into my life)
I tried to cut down my pocket clutter to the bone, picked the most space efficient stuff I could find (pictured below). But if I wear shorts on some days, or a track suit, or dress pants, my pockets get very tight/ heavy. I don't want to switch to cargo pants, but that seems like the only realistic option.
I'd appreciate any creativity SE could muster.