Issue: I must clear my ear canals of water or I will get "swimmer's ear" (an ear infection). Regularly cleaning the ear wax helps prevent infections. I currently use cotton swabs, but I would like to use a non-disposable item.
I have not tried many options because cotton swabs have been convenient until recently. Cotton swabs are 100% effective for me. I have tried using my pinky finger, using a towel, and shaking my head, but none of those solutions have consistently worked. However, because cotton swabs have been effective it is possible (but unlikely) that one of the three above solutions could work if I knew a better process.
- I live in a tent.
- I am constantly traveling.
- Everything I own must fit in my pack, therefore size and weight is important.
- I am in Central America, and I am rarely in cities, so my access to many items is limited.
- I strongly prefer a non-disposable solution.
- I prefer to have items with multiple functions.
- Extremely limited budget.