I have a Motorola Nexus 6, and recently I noticed the charging cable wasn't staying in place as well as it did when the phone was bought - my phone is charging, but if I picked it up whilst plugged in, the cable would fall out.
On investigation, I realised the female MicroUSB port on the phone, had managed to get some pocket lint inside, which had subsequently been compressed by insertion of the cable.
I managed to clear the majority of it out with an unfolded paperclip, however the there is still an area behind the pinstrip which has a lump of lint (as per pic below).
This part is too narrow for a paperclip - and even a fine sewing needle to get behind - and it's still causing my charger cable to not fully insert.
So does anyone have any tips on a) How I can clean this out, and b) what I can do to reduce the likelihood of re-occurance!